BUCK Recipes - Vegan Matcha Donuts
Vegan baked donuts of your dreams! These are yummy, easy to make and uses our highly nutritious BUCK Original (dairy-free), antioxidant rich matcha powder and non-refined sugar - you can almost call them healthy, right?
3/4 cup BUCK Original milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 1/2 tbsp. coconut oil - melted
1 cup gluten-free flour of your choice
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 1/2 tbsp. matcha powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
Raspberry Lemon Glaze
1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
1/4 cup sugar of your choice
1/2 lemon, juiced
1/4 cup water
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup BUCK Original
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, matcha powder and baking powder.
3. In a separate bowl combine your wet ingredients: BUCK Original, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine until a soft but moldable dough ball forms.
5. Grease your donut pan and set aside.
6. For ease, add the dough to a piping bag and evenly distribute it in the donut pan.
7. Once your oven is preheated, place your donuts in the oven and cook for 13-15 minutes or until tops of them turn golden brown.
8. When the donuts are done baking, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for 15 minutes.
9. When cool, either dip them in the glaze or pour the glaze over them.
10. **Optional** - Once glazed, pop them into the fridge for 10 minutes to set.
For the Glaze:
12. In a small pot add in your raspberries, sugar, lemon juice and water.
13. Boil for about 5 minutes over medium-heat, then allow to simmer on low for another 5 minutes or until thickened.
14. Remove from heat and set aside
15. In a medium-sized bowl combine icing sugar, BUCK Original and vanilla extract.
16. Whisk together until the glaze is smooth and there are no bumps.
17. Add in your cooled raspberry syrup and mix well.
18. Let the glaze rest for 5 minutes, then you're ready to glaze the donuts.